Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Orangetheory Fitness Experience: Tales Of A Stagnant Workout

I talk to people all the time about working out. I am definitely no beast at the gym, but I try my hardest to go at least two to four times a week. Lately, I have been feeling stagnant in my workouts, so I started looking at some new options to embed within my routine. I'm def a cardio gal and wanted to incorporate more strength training, but I always feel out of the loop when it comes to what I should be doing. Enter in Orangetheory Fitness. I have seen the ads and heard a lot about it...so I thought why not! I asked a few friends if they were interested in going and all were busy...so I went alone! I know, going to to a class like this by oneself can seem a bit intimidating but Trey made sure I felt comfortable the whole time. The class is different every single time you go, and you are set up with a heart monitor to track your workout when you arrive. The idea is to stay in orange which is your maximum burn. We did strength training with weights, resistance training, treadmill intervals, and rower exercises. The workout is about an hour, and you can DEF feel the burn! I am not coordinated and the last time I did a class (turbo kick) I literally kept making faces at myself in the mirror Modern Family style. I signed up for the once a week option for now, so I can integrate something new into my workout! Also, they offer a teacher discount! 
Call for a free class to try it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment