Sunday, February 28, 2016

Shopping Momma Bear Style: Unnatural Dyes Linked To Hyperactivity In Kids' Behavior

Recently, I changed some of my shopping habits to exclude foods with dyes such as; Yellow 5, and Red 40. These dyes are linked to hyperactivity in children, and allergic reactions. The British government has worked toward abolishing the use of these dyes throughout all of Europe. I noticed a big difference in the behaviors of my children after I started limiting the ammount of dyes in their diets. Stores like Whole Foods will not sell products that contain unnatural dyes at their stores. I went canvassing Whole Foods for brands that I could purchase at my local Target, Market Street, and Kroger. I found brands like Annie's Homegrown that are free of unnatural dyes. So, I'm def not saying that you need to watch everything your kiddos put into their mouths (sometimes they just need a slurpee), but if you notice some hyperactivity in your kids' behaviors...then why not give it a try. The Annie's chocolate chip cookies are my kids' fave. 
Annie's Homegrown is available at your local Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment